Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hello Concord

New chapter - new adventures, new challenges. Monday marked my first day working for the Concord Monitor. At this inarguably pivotal time for the Monitor, I am entering this experience with optimism and enthusiasm. I know there is much to be learned here, especially from the masterful Lori Duff, and I hope I can even come close to filling the shoes of Mandy McConaha. I am lucky to have the love and support of my family and friends as I embark on this new journey and face the challenges that sometimes come with transition.

Departing from the Valley News seemed eased by the fact that I wasn't going to far away, in physical distance, although I feel quite far right now. I think my reflections about my summer internship in the Upper Valley will filter in over the next few weeks, but for now I am thankful. I am blessed to have had four inspiring mentors, and believe I have expanded as a photographer since my time there. I am grateful for the time, space and encouragement that Geoff Hansen gave me to pursue stories and situations whole-heartedly. But not to fear, as I will most certainly be returning for the Tunbridge World Fair.

Stay tuned for updates and images from Concord (and don't hesitate to wish me luck, as I know I can use it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then let me be the first (at least in cyberspace) -- good luck. You'll be great. Keep in touch, and come visit sometimes sunny Florida (watch out for hurricanes). Miss you girl!

Jeffrey Porter My website said...

Hi Veronica! Everyone here at The Valley News has had such nice things to say about you. You have left some very large shoes for me to fill! I was so nervous coming in here... but I must say that this place is terrific, everyone is so nice and the area is incredible. Good luck at the Monitor, you are going to do great!