Monday, October 13, 2008

Airport Adventures

As many of you know, I am about to embark on a new adventure - this time in the form of a trip for a non-profit organization I work for, Between Four Eyes, to Nigeria and Rwanda. I will be documenting a number of workshops and conferences, as well as the daily life of the communities we are visiting. I feel so blessed to be given the humbling opportunity to travel to Africa again, and intersect with truly inspiring people...

To make a long story short, I've had an unexpected 7 hours to kill at JFK, needless to say I am bored and ready to get on the plane. So here are a few "farewell" images - I'm hoping for some intermittent internet from afar, and will do my best to post a few updates. If nothing else I'll aim for a return "airport bathroom portrait" for contrast, although in reality I already look pretty disheveled.

Thanks to all the encouraged support and excitement that has come from my friends and family in helping me prepare for this journey. I can't wait to share stories upon my return in mid-November. Health and happiness to everyone while I'm away!





No comments: